INTRODUCING XDS UPDATE MANAGER
With the practical XDS Update Manager, your XDS software will always be up-to-date - without any additional effort from you! After downloading XDS Update Manager once, the software updates itself automatically without your intervention. We provide updates more often, more quickly and in smaller packages. This means the updates you receive will be more regular and, above all, even easier to use. You no longer have to sit around waiting for large software packages to download, while aborted downloads become a thing of the past.
Advantages of the Update Manager
- XDS 1000 software is always up to date
- Automatic updates without manual intervention
- No more waiting times for large software packages
- No aborted downloads
The Windows10 operating system and an AVL DiTEST VCI 1000 are needed to install and use XDS Update Manager. We recommend downloading XDS Update Manager using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Tip: Perform the first installation of the XDS Update Manager in the evening. Depending on your internet connection, it can take up to an hour to download and install the software.
New in the XDS 1000 software
The latest XDS 1000 software update includes:
- Additional measured values and reading of error codes (oil service and inspection reset) for VAG models: VW Golf 8, Skoda Octavia 4, Audi A3, Seat Leon, Cupra Leon, Cupra Formentor
- Extension for Dacia models for reading/deleting instrument cluster error codes and measured values
- For all Ford models: variant management of control units including error codes and measured values
Preview of the upcoming software update:
- Clear error codes for numerous VAG models: VW Golf 8, Audi A3, A6, A7, Q8, e-tron, e-tron GT, Skoda Octavia, Seat Leon, Cupra Leon
- Clear error codes and additional measured values for Audi A6, A7, Q8, e-tron, e-tron GT
For PCs that are not connected to the Internet, you can also install the XDS Update Manager offline. Please click here to download the offline version.
Step 1: Download and install Update Manager for Windows
1. Download AVL DiTEST XDS Update Manager.
New updates are installed automatically when you select the corresponding function. AVL DiTEST XDS Update Manager regularly contacts our server for version synchronization. If an update is available, it will be installed automatically. No other data will be transmitted to us.
2. Run the installation file on your device.
Depending on the web browser used, the download may have to be confirmed separately.
3. After installation, XDS Update Manager is started automatically.
Downloading and installing XDS Update Manager may take a few minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection and the performance capacity of your system. The same applies to the automatic update of the XDS 1000 software.
Step 2: Start XDS 1000
1. Connect the VCI 1000 with the USB interface of your tablet/PC and the diagnostic socket of the vehicle.
2. Double-click on XDS.
3. Choose your VCI
If the VCI is connected to the PC via a cable, a connection via cable is automatically established. If no cable is connected, the connection is established via Bluetooth. It may take a few minutes to complete the automatic interface setup process.
If new firmware is available for the VCI 1000, a message is displayed and the firmware of the VCI 1000 is updated.
4. Select any vehicle
5. Click on AutoScan or ECU List and take your serial number
Step 3: Activate your device
- Insert your email address
- Insert your serial number or registration code of your VCI 1000.
- Click on Request activation code.
You will find the serial number (SN)
(= registration code) in the pop-up window of your software.
If you are using a VCI1000, you will find the serial number (SN) (= registration code) on the back of your device.
You will receive your 25-digit activation code. Enter this code under „Product activation“.