Fast, straightforward, and intuitive - the new update for AVL DiTEST diagnostics devices
In version 2020-03, AVL DiTEST now has a new update available for the multi-brand diagnostics system XDS 1000. The new software version once again gives users a wide range of updates for various features, vehicle models and variants.
The focus this time is on cars from the Volkswagen Group, in particular models from Audi, Skoda and VW. Altogether, the experts at AVL DiTEST have added additional features to the diagnostics software for the ten top sellers in the Volkswagen Group model range. At the same time, the 2020-03 update to the XDS 1000 diagnostics system was also used to significantly expand the volume of information in the XIS Pro repair database and to add a new special feature. In future, for certain repairs, the familiar repair instructions will be supplemented by 3D animated images in GIF format.
Advantages of the latest software version 2020-03 at a glance:
- New functions for electronic systems for airbags, brakes, gearbox, air conditioning system and engines for models from the Volkswagen Group.
- Reading and resetting of error codes for all of the specified systems.
- Additional measurement values for rapid diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Coverage of all* available control units in the Audi A4, A5 and Q5, the Skoda Octavia, Kodiaq and Karoq, and the VW Golf, Touran and Tiguan.
- Reading, resetting, and clearing of just under 70,000 different error codes.
- Error environment data for the detection of sporadic errors.
- From airbag electronics to the central electronic unit: Updated information for 26 electronic systems for the current Ford Focus model.
- Engine electronics: Additional data for the regeneration and replacement of diesel particulate filters in the Renault Megane.
- Broad model coverage: 930 different passenger car models from 43 manufacturers and 235 light commercial vehicle and HGV models. NEW: Updates for five brands with 13 different models.
* For the specified systems: airbag, brakes, gearbox, air conditioning system and engine.
“With the ongoing updates of the AVL DiTEST XDS 1000, we are expanding the scope of functions and the range of models, and making users’ everyday working lives easier in the process. It is particularly important to us to provide this support in this challenging year,” says Andreas Wittig, Product Manager at AVL DiTEST. “Support will also be provided by the reading of error environment data from the control units in order to quickly and efficiently pinpoint and remedy sporadic faults, which often cost a lot of time. This data also forms part of the scope of our XDS 1000 and is an integral part of the diagnostics software,” adds Martin Hofmann, Development Engineer at AVL DiTEST.